Last week we went to dinner at the home of a teacher friend who was hosting an Australian teacher at her house. Delightful lady! I learned quite a few things about Australia....
- A Back, Sack and Crack is a wax job that is popular among Australian men. It's just what it sounds like.
- "Oi" is used for just about everything, depending on your voice inflection. Very useful word.
- Friends are "mates". Don't call a lady a "shiela" (despite what you may have learned from the Crocodile Hunter).
- Us Americans would say "doucebag", but in Australia they say "wanker". Brilliant.
- The only people who wear their Uggs outside their pants (or Uggs with skirts) are "boguns" or "westies"...or as we Americans would say, white trash.
Necklace, Ebay (The one I wore was from Target clearance awhile back. I found this one on Ebay yesterday and bought it for just $1.38...with free shipping!)
Skirt, Old Navy (in store clearance)
Scarf, Old Navy
Fake Uggs, Payless
Sweater, Forever 21 (Mine came from the Nordstrom Rack forever ago, but this one is pretty darn cute)
Cami, Forever 21
Hoohobbers Diaper Bag, Overstock (I made my own diaper bag, but this one is an ultra cute alternative, albeit a little expensive.)