Monday, January 11, 2010

Sequins and shampoo...



I've been jonesing for a sequin top, but hadn't found one that fit the bill (or the budget) This weekend I spied this Miley/Max (that would be Cyrus/Azria...I know, what a pair!) top on the clearance rack at Walmart. The best part? It was only 8 bucks! I threw it in the cart along with the diapers, Suave, and dogfood. I just love a place where I can get all the stuff I need and score a cheap fashion find. I must have redneck roots.
Long story short, this is a great shirt. The fabric is high quality, thin but not see through, stretchy and soft. The black on black sequin bow is classy, and because it's understated, may outlive the sequin trend. One drawback: this top runs small. I'm usually an extra small or small, and I bought a medium. Other than that, it's super! Get thee to Walmart!
Ok, here's my question for you, blog readers...what do I wear this with? I'm a sequin virgin, and need your help!

8 comments:

Wendy said...

So I'm probably the LAST person to give fashion advice. If Sharlene is a follower, she'd be a great one to ask. Anyhow, what's wrong with wearing these with your new jeans?!?

kimmie said...

Oooh that's a really cute top. I was begging my husband to go to Walmart yesterday so I could check out the Miley line (some of which should be on clearance) but we absolutely hate walmart crowds (absolute worst kind!) so we ended up just going home. Now I'm regretting it!

I'll admit I don't do sequins either, so no fashion advice here. Sorry! :(

Katie said...

I'd rock that with skinny jeans, knee-high suede boots, a black leather jacket, and chunky silver jewelry. :-)
But for someone a little more conservative than my crazy style - bootcut jeans, cute black ballet flats or heels, and a blazer or cardigan.

Lauren @The Little Things We Do.... said...

i think this would be cute with dark skinny jeans and black boots....maybe a fun pop of color with a cardigan, or a blazer. you could also pair it with a cute little high waisted skirt and tights.

i love this top. sadly...i don't shop at walmart :(. this is why i never go in....cause i know i'll be tempted to buy something...they have some seriously cute stuff from what i've seen in ads lately.

TracyontheCheap said...

Love it Katie! I'm going to try it with my cute black Target flats!!

TracyontheCheap said...

Lauren we posted at the exact same time! :) What are your favorite skinny jeans? (Can you believe I don't own skinny jeans? Maybe because, until recently, I didn't think I'd ever be skinny, ha ha!)

Heather Scott Partington said...

LOVE IT, love the Wal.

cheyenne2 said...

Hey, Hey Tracy,
How about a Valentines day outfit?Or a spa day?
Nikki

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails