Thursday, January 28, 2010

Cheap Outfit Throwdown!


Yesterday Katie challenged me to a cheap outfit throwdown. She created an outfit for $69, and then challenged me to create one for less. Challenge accepted!
Since Katie went with blacks and greys, I thought I'd go the other direction with some big colors. There's a great article in the February issue of Sunset Magazine called "Beverly Hills for the rest of us"...basically, how to do this ultra ritzy area on the cheap. Thus my inspiration for this look. (If you haven't checked out Sunset, you should....it's an awesome resource for affordable and chic decorating, food, restaurant, and lifestyle finds. Be still my cheapskate heart!)
My outfit comes in at just under $65, thanks to some creative clearance shopping from Old Navy and Target. (I absolutely love those white pants from Old Navy...they don't have my size left online, so if they have yours, buy them and think of me, ok? ) The coral vintage necklace from eBay is my favorite find. I just love the way it looks with the gray top. And that etsy clutch...I get so excited when I find something that ties it all together!
Big thanks to Katie for the challenge, I had fun! So, how did I do on the cheap outfit throwdown? Do you have a challenge for Tracy on the Cheap? Do tell!

The scoop:
Cotton Twill Wide Leg Trousers, Old Navy
Patent Green Sandals, Target
Padded Zipper Clutch, Via GetSassy on Etsy
Mod Essential Woven Shirt, Forever 21
Wrapped Metal Cuff, Forever 21
Sunglasses, Forever 21
Vintage Necklace, eBay (listing expired)

4 comments:

Lauren @The Little Things We Do.... said...

i have those target sandals and they are my absolute FAVORITES. so cute and SO comfy!

Katie said...

Yes! I'm raising the white flag - you win. You managed to combine an entire outfit plus more accessories and come in cheaper than I did. :-)

Thanks for accepting the challenge!

TracyontheCheap said...

Katie I loved your look! It was so much fun to feature someone else's style on here...I tend to get in ruts (Denim skirts, black white and red, anyone?) You can challenge me anytime! :)

Tonja said...

Loving the accessories! Two of my favorite colors to have together!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails