Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Purple Power



I'm sending some love to my favorite blogs this week. One of my go to style blogs is Uber Chic for Cheap. (A cheap chick after my own heart!) Thankfully, yesterday's post was a reminder of the ultra amazing 50% off clearance stuff sale at Old Navy. I scored three skirts, a shirt and a pair of maternity pants (no that's not an announcement...I just can't pass up pants for $2.50!) for only 20 bucks. Too bad I got there right after the little old lady who was obviously working hard to fill up her booth at the  Galt flea market...why else would you buy four carts full of Old Navy merchandise? It obviously was not for her (unless she needs about 100 camisoles and 50 mini skirts) I considered taking a white denim mini off her pile while her back was turned, but her shrewd flea market scowl made me think twice.
One of the aforementioned items I bought is this dark denim pencil skirt. It's $30 online, but I paid just $6.50. My opinion? It's worth way more than 30 bucks. It's quality stuff. As a curvy girl, a good pencil skirt is a wardrobe staple. This one is perfect, falling just below the knees and hugging all the right curves. It's one of those things that I know I'll wear again and again.
Tune in tomorrow when I tell you how to embarrass yourself in front of an Australian. Good times.

The scoop:
Denim Pencil Skirt, Old Navy
Burnished Strappy Wedge, Old Navy
Sunglasses, Forever 21
Whipstich Tassel Hobo, Charlotte Russe
Morisot Top, Modcloth
Leaf Earrings, Forever 21
Antique Studded Knit Vest, Forever 21

5 comments:

Lauren @The Little Things We Do.... said...

oooh! i hope this sale is going on through the weekend. i don't have any free time 'til then :(.

Unknown said...

Tracy - I'm loving these wearable flowers and clutches at http://emersonmade.com/, but can't see paying that much. Think you can find a cheaper version?

They seem easy enough to make... maybe we can start a business. :)

TracyontheCheap said...

@Lauren...the sale ended on Monday. :( Boo, I know.
@Denise...I'll take a look and see what I can find!

Unknown said...

Hey there! Visiting your blog for the first time and I like it- I like it a lot! Are you doing this all in photoshop? It's look very professional! -Rose

TracyontheCheap said...

Thanks Rose! Yep, I'm using Photoshop, and the fact that you think it looks professional totally makes my DAY! (I'm learning as I go, much trial and error!) Glad you like the blog, just found yours today too and love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails