Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday Cheapdown

Image via Emersonmade.com
A few days ago Denise said, "Tracy - I'm loving these wearable flowers and clutches at emersonmade.com, but can't see paying that much. Think you can find a cheaper version? They seem easy enough to make... maybe we can start a business. :)"
I'm pretty sure the Denise in question is an old friend from Texas. (Blogger won't let me see your profile, so if it's you, let me know in the comments!) Denise, I agree...I love those flowers, but not the prices. I did some searching on Etsy and found some great options. The first one is Poppy Chic Designs...she has some awesome flower pins and hairclips that won't break the bank. Supah also has some cool looks (like the one I used above!).
And since it's Friday, I decided to cheap down an outfit from Emerson's website. I don't know how much the original look costs, but I'm willing to bet it's a bit more than $115. (The big flower brooch alone is $84!)
And heck yes I'd start a business with you Denise! I'm ready for a new gig!  :) 


The scoop:
Fab Pocket Tank, Forever 21

7 comments:

Katie said...

I love it! Etsy is a great place to find really cute, crafty items.

Kelly L said...

Can I borrow you to take my teen shopping? lol - I am so clueless and next year she will be in public high school and no more uniforms.. yikes!

Love to you
Kelly

Lindsay said...

Tooooo cute!

TracyontheCheap said...

Kelly, sure I'll take your teen shopping, as long as she likes Target and Old Navy (and maybe the Goodwill!) :)

penny lane designs said...

thanks for the comment! ummmm....i LOVE LOVE LOVE your site. i did a blog design for Look 4 Less which is similar to this idea of putting together chic outfits for less. what great ideas you have!

Denise said...

Hey Tracy - Yes, it's Denise from Texas. I'm signed up through my gmail account and not a blog - sorry you couldn't see my profile. This is so cute... Thanks for taking on, will definitely try this outfit!

Love your blog btw!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I will forever love my Ms. Bradshaw's big flower look!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails