Friday, June 11, 2010

The Dangers of Being Cheap


Sometimes being cheap isn't the best route to take. Take this wine, for instance. I snagged two bottles at Walmart for $1.97 a piece. Thinking I had scored the deal of the century, I chilled a bottle of Chardonnay to drink whilst watching Mad Men. (Netflix, not cable...if a bottle of two dollar wine did not already alert you to the fact that we are incredibly cheap).
Long story short, one glass was all either my husband or I could drink. Think white grape juice mixed with rubbing alcohol and vodka. The rest of the bottle went down the sink.
End of the story, you may think. Wrong! We both woke up with killer hangover headaches...from one glass of wine! If I'm going to have a hangover, I better have had a whole lot of fun getting it.
Moral of the story...there are some things worth spending money on. At least more than 2 bucks.

3 comments:

Phoenix said...

Unfortunately, you really do get what you pay for with wine :(
Although there are some amazing bottles out there in the $8-$10 range.

kimmie said...

:) I know what you mean. I try to be cheap with food sometimes and you really get what you pay for. hope you're feeling better!

Leslee said...

Oh dear!! Lesson learned, yes???

If you want to try good, inexpensive wine check out the boxed wine at Target!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails