Friday, April 9, 2010

Roaring 20's...on the cheap!



Today I'm killing three birds with one outfit. Or something like that. 
1. Tiffani wrote recently and said, "So I saw the fabulous job you did for Jane of I Really Suck At This and her maternity-chic outfit, and I could really use some help. I am graduating (Bachelor's) in May and I really want to have a sophisticated, but sexy and  adult party-like outfit. My friends suggested doing a 'flapper' themed party, but I took a look on the internet...anything I found reminded me of cheap hookers or was really unflattering, which I figured out was the actual style of the 20's LOL. But I like the idea of having something vintage, and 1920/30/40's are good eras for 'chic' and 'sophisticated' ."
2. And then my friend Anna said, "I've got a Tracy on the Cheap assignment for you. My cousin is getting married in a couple of weeks and her wedding is "roaring 20s" theme. I'm at a total loss of what to wear. I don't want to spend money on something I'll never wear again so I'm hoping to do modern twist on the 20s. Help!"
3. And have I mentioned that I'm going to my friend Becca's Art Deco themed wedding in May, and have yet to find an outfit? (Check out the deco look I did for Becca's gorgeous mom Diana, here!)
Tiffani, I hope this look doesn't remind you of cheap hookers. And if it does, then stay tuned for next week, because I'm planning on working up a 40's/50's look for you, too! Anna, I think the accessories (and possibly the dress) can all be worn again, and for only $85, it's a steal!
And did I mention that everything comes from Forever 21? That store constantly amazes me with it's repertoire of chameleon-like fashion finds. 


The scoop: 
Fringed Flapper Dress
Flapper Dreamer Headband
Cut Out Rhinestone Bracelet
Jeweled Cobra Chain
Rhinestone Drop Dangle Earrings
Crackled Metallic Heels

4 comments:

Kelly Gallagher said...

Way CUTE! I wish I had a flapper party to go to!

T. The Destructor said...

Oh my gosh, This is FABULOUS! I have never even shopped at Forever 21! I can't wait to see the 40'S and 50'S next week. Awesome job!!!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

How fun is that??? Love!

Anna said...

Tracy - You Rock!! I love the outfit and the love the price even more! You are a life saver. Thank you! Now I think I have some shopping to do...Talk to you soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails